Our client is one of the fastest growing engineering companies in South Wales and has recently implemented the installation of some new machinery.
Due to the rapid growth of the company and the installation of the new CNC machines, the increased load has caused severe problems with the incoming mains supply and on many occasions the mains fuses overloading and blowing, thus causing power blackout and the implications of resetting machines, wasting materials and loss of production.
Johnson & Phillips measured the electricity supply over a one-week period with a power analyzer and the results were a 40% excess use in current, we measured a power factor of 0.6. We calculated that the installation of 150kVA of power factor correction would improve power factor to 0.99 and improve the available current by 40%.
- Energy Savings of Approximately £5,000 per Annum.
- Elimination of £200 per Month Reactive Power Charge.
- Reduction in kVA availability charges.
- Power Factor Increased from 0.7 to 0.99.
- Increase in current availability for the new machines.
- Expansion of supply to a new extension and preventing overload of the main fuses.
- Reduction in Climate Charge Levy.
- Significant Reduction in Carbon Emissions.