Power Factor Correction Capacitors
Our Power Factor Correction Solutions and subject expertise have provided Stability, Current Reduction and Volumetric support to some of the most complex and simplistic applications in Power.
We can provide you with the following:
- Power Factor Correction Capacitors manufactured in house to 11KV.
- Dynamic Compensation Systems
- Technical Support
- Maintenance & Repair (regardless of who manufactured your PFC)
What is Power Factor Correction?
Power Factor Correction (PFC) is simply the relationship between the ‘active’ and ‘reactive’ power of an electricity distribution network, and a measure of whether the system voltage and current are in phase and efficient. It also provides a volume of stability connected in parallel to your power supply or load.
Power Factor Correction is a key issue for the UK industry that impacts on energy efficiency and electricity bills as well as the reliability and availability of equipment and network infrastructure.
If a network is 100% efficient and no reactive power is present its Power Factor is 1, or also knows as unity. This is the optimum for power transmission but is practically impossible to attain.
Variation in the Power Factor reading or a poor Power Factor is caused by different types of electrical devices such as AC Motors, Arc Welders, Fluorescent Lighting and Air Conditioning connected to the grid that consume or generate reactive power. Unless the variations are corrected, higher currents are drawn leading to grid instability, higher costs and reduced capacity.
Power Factor Services
- Free “no obligation” visual System Health Checks.
- Full PFC System Scoping – design, build, installation & decommissioning services.
- Repairs and maintenance.
- Technical advice.
- Quality engineering services.
- Analysis of meter data, your site conditions and the costs and benefits of solutions for both high and low voltage systems. We don’t rely on a five-minute snapshot of your energy usages, we take time to Analyse and look at the historical trends.
Power Factor Correction Equipment Benefits
Taking steps to addressing a low power factor with the latest power factor correction equipment, allows your business to:
- Optimise the life of your electrical assets.
- Free up capacity in the supply network, avoiding or delaying the need for expensive supply capacity upgrades, whilst allowing you to expand your electrical assets.
- Reduce the threat of damage to assets.
- Reduce operational downtime.
- Ensure than you get the most from your energy at lowest cost.
- Fast and Cost effective to install.
- Immediate start on Payback on investment – typical period is 4-12 months.
- Reduced kilowatt hour consumption; Reduced energy bills. Reduced carbon emissions.
- Elimination of reactive power charges.
- Lower transformer and distribution losses.
- Stable power supply.
Please feel free to contact one of our experts to talk about the bespoke solutions we can provide for the specific needs of your business. We are UK manufacturers of power factor correction capacitors with a large client base that not only spans nationwide but also across seas.