Vacancy – CAT Diesel Generators
With over 25 years expertise in supplying electrical power distribution systems into medium to large businesses as well as consultants and M&E contractors, we have built an enviable reputation as a market-leading supplier.
As a result of this phenomenal growth and a strategic decision to grow the Midlands and Home Counties Region, we are looking to recruit an experienced Diesel Generator Technical Sales Engineer to join our team.
Technical Sales Engineer – CAT Diesel Generators
- Location and patch: Midlands & South UK
- Salary to be discussed
- Car, fuel card and 25 days leave
- Phone and laptop
1. Field based 4 days per week and 1 day spent at home territory and sales planning.
2. Targeting new and retrofit projects within the engineering, manufacturing, warehouse and distribution and data centre market sectors to name a few.
3. New business sales of diesel power distribution and its turnkey solutions to end users, consultants and M&E contractors.
4. You will be responsible for new business sales, producing quotations, price negotiation, closing out the sale and to oversee the enquiry post sales.
5. Identifying new sales enquires as well as generating a sales pipeline of £1 million worth of business within the first twelve months.
6. Responsible for utilising you naturally inquisitive approach, arranging face to face visits and performing commercial and technical sales presentations.
7. To meet all relevant consultants and M&E contractors and End Users to understand the number of projects where my client’s power distribution products can be specified.
8. Responsible for ensuring you are a preferred supplier of power distribution products where you will be nominated as a key supplier.
9. To build relationships with key decision makers to understand their business, the scope of the project, project values and to obtain RFQ’s (request for quotes).
10. To obtain and review engineering drawings such as single line diagrams and technical specifications and importantly get the order.
11. Handling sales enquiries where the values range from £2,000 to £200,000 systems.
Experienced & background required:
- A proven track record in selling Diesel Generator related systems.
- Typical solutions can range from MCC’s (motor control centres), LV (low voltage), MV (medium voltage), HV (high voltage), switchboards, control panels, switchgear, load banks or anything power distribution related. We have all these products in our capability.
- You must be based around the Midlands or South UK.
- Minimum ONC in Electrical/Electronic Engineering, ideally a HNC/HND.
The business has over 30 years years experience with traditional values. The business can offer a structured training programme, long-term job security and the option that come with overall success.