Our client is one of the larger hospitals situated in the west midlands. They offer a variety of services from accident & emergency to maternity.
During the summer of 2016, Johnson & Phillips were requested to supply 2 of 1600kVA Transformers and 2 off 2500A Main Switchboards Interconnected to fit a PREDESIGNED Switch room. This system also included Dynamic PFC and Auto Changeover.
Due to Johnson & Phillips belief in carrying stock we were able to supply both transformers without delay. The Main Switchboard Presented a challenge due to the space available in such a small designed switch room along with stability of power due to the CT, MRI & Radiotherapy Equipment being supplied from here.
Johnson & Phillips fully supported the Hospital trusts requirements and were able to design a switchboard of 2 x 2500A Interconnected into a ‘U-Shaped’ formation and of front access. This switchboard also included thyristor switched power factor correction to support the dynamics of the Radiotherapy and CT Scanning Equipment.
Our engineers carried out the following:
- Supplied Amorphos Core Transformers.
- Designed and Manufactured the LV Switchboard.
- Provided full design and scope.
- Moved with the continued changes of the project.
- Delivered the full solution on time.
- Provided the full installation.
- Tested and Commissioned.
- Provided a full In House HV and LV Solution.